Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Celebrities--We Love Them! We Love Them!

As you know, or do not know, I am considered a typical teenage girl. Maybe not so typical because of an uncanny interest in physics and Star Trek, but that's not the point.

The point is, celebrities. Don't we all just love 'em? When we watch them in movies and they look just...so...hot.

Oh holy toast, we could just stare all day until we turn bug-eyed. Look at this! It's Josh Duhamel...not!

It's Josh Duhamel, shirtless and in the sun!

We wish we could meet someone like that. I vouch for the majority of the females in my age group when I say this.

People who know me well will also know that I quite like this fella below:
And I don't know why.

I see this man killing people as Sylar on Heroes, and I find that appealing. I see him contemplate silently in Star Trek and make out with Uhura, and the nerd inside me screams in support.

Despite the fact that this man does not know of my existence whatsoever, funny effects appear when I see him on the screen. Happy effects. Suddenly everything is all right. I don't care if you were farting in my face, my sense of smell would probably ignore you if we were watching Heroes. Or Star Trek.

Or even if I were looking at a sribbling which looks vaguely like him.

Oh, we've got it bad. It just takes a picture of these people to send our rational minds flying out the window. BOOM, and your brain's gone.

Oops, there goes mine.

Sometimes I hate myself. ;D

And, (here I speak for my squealing celebrity-obsessed friends) why are all the people we like so old?!!

Here I will provide a comparison.
Yes, here's Robert D. Junior, the man who made us watch Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes, Zodiac, The Incredible Hulk, The Soloist and many more with much pleasure.

Compare that to:
...Robert Pattinson. The guy who made us cringe when we watched Twilight. I'm sorry, but I don't think that Edward hair works off-screen. But you were ok as Cedric Diggory.

So folks, it all boils down to experience (and of course the lucky conditions which make you look even better as you age =)
So long, fellow Earthlings!

I'm going back to swooning over Mr. Quinto now.

And hating myself simultaneously for it.

No comments: